Sunday, November 13, 2011

Farm Update: 11/12/11

We start this week by showing the bed that was moved over from behind the garage. I had a spot planned for it but some tomato plants needed to be taken out. I couldn't wait and I was looking for something to do. I ended up putting it on the opposite end of the garden. I even pulled out the last pieces of landscape fabric I could find. I also had a large bag of mulch and that was added as well. I can always add smaller beds in the covered area. I would just need to move the mulch over and place the bed on top of the landscape fabric.

The strawberry bed is the one sticking out from the bottom left of this photo and the plants are growing well in it. I will probably be adding more strawberry plants once Spring rolls around. It will help fill up the bed a little faster and more berries are always a good thing.

Next bed has a single cucumber plant that will start growing up the massive trellis. We are hoping to have some cucumbers from this plant, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't have anything else planted in this bed but may be adding something this coming week. I have many seeds that could be added but it will not easy to choose.

The plant looks fairly healthy at this point and will hopefully stay this way. I believe these are Straight Eights. We had some of these during the early part of the summer and they were tasty.


The garden right now still looks pretty good considering the weather has gotten colder. There hasn't been much change since the last update and everything looks pretty much the same. The only real difference is the new bed and the seedlings have grown a bit.

I know I normally have more photos but I'm keeping this one short.


I will be back next week and will be back with more photos but this week's photos can be found HERE!

Luis

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are staying busy out there. We finally got our first frost here, so I am basically done for the winter. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't think there is a real danger of frost here, at least too cold.

    We'll see how it goes.

    Luis

    ReplyDelete