Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gardening Prints for A Cause

After the compliments on my photos, it got me thinking. Why not use my photos to help others? I am thinking about putting a series of sets together. These sets will only be released in small quantities, maybe 50 each, and want to know the best part? I will be donating a large, if not all, of the proceeds will be donated to charity. I have not decided on a specific charity yet, but it will be one that helps feed the hungry.  Now enters some things I need to work out which include: choosing the photos, pricing the sets, choosing the charities and any legal issues that may arise.  

Choosing Photos
Choosing photos should not be difficult but I'm thinking of placing it up for a vote. Of course, I want to include photos that people like. I will probably break it down to a about 10 or so an let people vote on it.

Pricing the Sets
I've been thinking about this for the last 2 days and have an idea but was wondering what the consensus is here. Something to remember that these prints will be in a limited quantity and no more. I was thinking about doing 50 sets each.

Choosing the Charities
This will not be easy as there are many organizations out there that do very good things. I am totally open for suggestions. One that comes to mind is Feeding America and that is only because there are so many commercials on all the time. I will also be looking at my local food banks.

Legal Side
I am sure there are some legal things I must think about but I don't know what those are or could be. I researched the net but found nothing useful. I tried different terms but didn't get much. I found many ideas to raise money but nothing about the legalities of it. I hope somebody can help enlighten me on what I need to know or at least where to start.

Well, that is pretty much it for this post. I hope to do this but as you can see, not sure on how it will work out. Any and all help/comments/questions are greatly appreciated. I hope to get this going as soon as possible as there are many charities out there that need our help.

Luis

P.S.: I want to welcome my new followers. I hope you stick around for a while and enjoy my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. Yes, local is a good start. I'll do research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I would love to participate on the voting. Have you considered maybe a calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lori. Yes and No on the calendar thing. I hadn't thought of it for the garden photos but I do have a series of rubber duck photos that would be perfect for a calendar. I still haven't finished that set, and I need to but I hope to get that done someday.

    See the series so far...
    http://www.luistobonphotography.com/#gallery-six

    ReplyDelete