I am back with another recipe and this one is my new favorite. I was in the mood for fruit but not in the conventional way. A quick online search brought up many recipes for fruit compote but they all had the same idea.
Fruit: Fresh or Dried (Include fresh apples and pears to add real substance. )
Honey (to taste)
1 cup of Wine
1. Peel apples and pears.
2. Dice all fruit.
3.Add fruit, honey, wine and water to saucepan.(Use enough to water to cover fruit)
4. Cook until all fruit is tender.
5. Remove fruit and leave just the liquid.
6. Cook down the liquid into a thicker liquid.
7. Add fruit into liquid
There are many ways to eat the compote and I will start you off with a few:
1. Pour over pound cake and vanilla bean ice cream. (add fresh strawberries to garnish)
2. Top off toast, that has been cut in half, is also amazing. I used blueberry toast.
3. Eating it cold or hot by itself also works.
Well, I give you a starting point and it is up to you where to go with it.