Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beef w/ Salsa Verde

I had another "adventure" in the kitchen and thought I should share it. It also helps me get it out of my system and others can hopefully learn something from my mistakes.

Today we are having some beef and only because it was on sale. We love chicken but it sometimes gets to be too much and a little red meat sprinkled into the cuisine should not hurt. 

I was inspired by the last attempt at salsa verde with chicken here and just went with it.

Starting off with salsa itself:

Ingredients:
4-5 Tomatillos
1 Round Onion
1 Bell Pepper
1 Can of Diced Chiles (4 oz)
Cilantro
Lemon
Salt

Directions:
1. Wash and peel tomatillos.
2. Cut onion in half.
3. Dice 1 half of onion and other half just in chunks.
4. Same procedure with bell peppers as onion. 
5. Toss in chunks of bell peppers, onion, salt, can of diced chiles into blender or food processor. 
6. Squeeze out lemon into mixture.
7. Puree mixture and pour into saucepan.
8. Add in diced onions and bell peppers into saucepan.
9. Heat up mixture until hot.
10. Set salsa aside.

Next part includes the beef.

Ingredients: 
Beef
2 Tomatoes
1 Bell Pepper
1 Round Onion
Cumin
Salt

Directions:
1. Slice onion, tomatoes and bell pepper.
2. Add beef into large flat pan with just enough water to cover it.
3. Lay onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers on top of beef. 
4. Add salt and cumin to taste.
5. Let the beef fully cook.
6. If there is still a lot of water left, I just tossed some of it out.

Well, all of the hard work is done and the only thing left is to just add the salsa to the beef.  Mix everything well and serve. I am serving with boiled vegetables but I will leave that up to you. Rice may be a great option for this one. I may have some quinoa bowl from Fresh N Easy and it only takes 30 seconds to make. I just added something else.

As with most, if not all of MY recipes, chicken and beef can always be substituted for each other. Heck, if you are feeling more adventurous, you can toss in chicken and beef together! I emphasize MY recipes, because I can only speak for my cooking. I pretty much wing most of these recipes and then try to remember everything. It is more fun that way. 

Luis




No comments:

Post a Comment