Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stir-Fry Eggplant

I am back with another way to cook Eggplant. It is a delicious vegetable but not always easy to figure out how to cook it. This is a change from the Baked Eggplant from a few days ago.

With nothing else to say, on to the recipe!

Please read entire post before cooking and don't miss the tips at the end.

Ingredients:
2 Small Eggplant
1 Bell Pepper
1/2 Round Onion (maybe the half that was left over from my last Eggplant recipe)
2 Tomatoes
2 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breasts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Soy Sauce (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Serves 2-3

Kitchen Tools:
Wok
Knife

Directions:
1. Rinse off all vegetables.
2. Chop vegetables into chunks.
3. Chop chicken into chunks.
4. Fully cook chicken in wok with olive oil.
5. Remove chicken from wok.
6. Dump in all chopped veggies into wok with olive oil.
7. Add soy sauce to taste.
8. Add pepper to taste.
9. Fully cook vegetables. Eggplant should be tender.
10. Add chicken to wok.
11. Mix all ingredients for a minute or so.

Tips:
1. I only used about 2 tablespoon of olive oil for everything. 1 for chicken and 1 for vegetables. 
2. Low Sodium soy sauce is recommended. Nobody needs that much salt.

I think that covers it all. If there are any questions, just ask. I will do my best to help. 

This specific dish shows me that I can replace our vegetable usage by simply growing it myself. All the vegetables used on this dish, except for the onion, were grown right outside my door. It is more of a personal triumph and I hope to keep it up.

-Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment