Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chicken and Vegetable Soup

Well, I am back with another recipe. This one is really simple as I basically started by tossing stuff in the pot. Cooking for two is not always easy and we usually end up with food for an extra meal each, or more. Then again, I try to make a little more in order for my wife and I to have for lunch the following day.

When coming home from the grocery store, chicken is separated into ziploc bags. There are 4 pieces of chicken in each and this way, I do not have to defrost chicken I will not be cooking that day and for this recipe, I pull out all of the frozen and fresh vegetables I can find.

Ingredients:
4 Pieces of Chicken
Salt
Cumin
Pepper
Potatoes
Any other vegetables in can find.

Kitchen Tools:
Medium Saucepan or Pot
Wooden Spoon

Directions:
1. Fill saucepan or pot with water.
2. Toss in chicken.
3. Toss in all vegetables. (except potatoes)
4. Peel and dice potatoes.
5. Place potatoes in bowl with cold water and cover entirely.
6. Season with salt. pepper, and cumin to taste.
7. Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
8. Toss in potatoes.
9. Cook until potatoes are tender.

Tips: 
1. Do not put in potatoes at beginning with other vegetables because they will turn to mush. Unless you want to make mashed potatoes in same pot.
2. Diced potatoes are placed in water because they will turn black if not in water.
3. You do not have to use a wooden spoon, and any utensil that can stir mixture, safely, should be fine. I just like my wooden spoon.
4. I toss in frozen veggies, and anything that may be ready from the garden. There is no limit to what can be added, as long as you like it.

Well, that is it for this one and like I have said before, if I can do it, most people can as well. My wife loves when I make her this soup but it is more fun to have her guessing as to what I am cooking.

I will be back with more posts later,

Luis


Side Note:
She told me today that my cooking is getting better and coming from her, it means so much. It's not because she's my wife and I feel obliged to say it. She makes a mean lasagna, meatloaf that rocks, and bakes like you would not believe.

1 comment:

  1. Awh! I'm glad your wife is enjoying your new hobbies as much as you are.

    This new blog template looks great!

    ReplyDelete